Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mad About Stripes

I recently decided that it was time to splurge on a few "classic" items to have in my closet. To say that this summer I merely shopped would be an understatement- I went on a shopping spree. To be fair I did travel to Europe for 15 days and it is incredibly hard to not shop while faced with places like Zara who, to be quite honest, has a lot better clothes overseas in their stores than they do state-side! 

J.Crew Boyfriend Jean in Ludington Wash (here), Saint James for J.Crew shirt (here), Prada Sunglasses (here), White Converse (here)
I recently bought a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans similar to the ones from J.Crew above, but from Necessary Clothing. I already owned this Saint Vincent shirt from a few years ago (in large so its nice and roomy!) and the sunglasses from Prada were a splurge with a $50 gift card I had been given to Solstice. Now, I don't own an actual CĂ©line bag- but while in Italy I did come across a rather impeccably made "copy" of the bag, just without the gold logo. The pink studs above are from Loren Hope but I own a pair from Kate Spade that are quite similar, only smaller. And of course no one can go wrong with a classic pair of white converse. This outfit would be perfect for a day out in the city or at a seaside town. 


J.Crew Sandal (here), Necessary Clothing dress (here)

For a look that can transition from day to night I chose a Necessary Clothing T-Shirt dress and a pair of J.Crew sandals. I have a cross body bag similar to this Yves Saint Laurent wallet from a store in Italy. Pair this look with a bright red lip for night time and you have the perfect dinner outfit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment